海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: [转帖]CNN报道: 中国的Oprah -- 陈鲁豫
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 [转帖]CNN报道: 中国的Oprah -- 陈鲁豫   
valley

头衔: 海归上校

头衔: 海归上校
声望: 学员

加入时间: 2004/02/20
文章: 662

海归分: 89859

文章标题: [转帖]CNN报道: 中国的Oprah -- 陈鲁豫 (1662 reads)      时间: 2007-3-05 周一, 21:35   

作者:valley海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

They may not jump up on the couch or scream with excitement but the live audience on China's revolutionary talk show is slowing getting into the Oprah Winfrey frame of mind.

"They don't know how to respond to my show but then they will start to enjoy themselves. Sometimes they will just sit and listen, sometimes they will sigh. They will shed a tear or two, they will laugh, they will clap their hands," says TV host Chen Lu Yu.

"Basically if I can get a genuine reaction from them it is good," she says.

Known as "China's Oprah," the 37-year-old TV personality decided 10 years ago on a trip to the United States to model her show, "A Date With Luyu," on the American TV star Winfrey.

Chen watches Oprah's show almost daily and while she finds the comparisons to her flattering, says it "much easier to be yourself than try to be someone else."

Having grown up when TV was in its infancy -- when viewing choices were limited to news and old movies -- it is surprising that Chen would consider "fun, glamorous and fulfilling".

Yet, they were the qualities of TV which appealed to her and she to it. Chen landed her own show while still a senior college student in Beijing.

In more than a decade of being a public face in a rapidly changing China, she has gone from interviewing celebrities to her current show where people from all walks of life get to share their story with a live audience of 300 and a viewing audience in the multi millions.

Some of her most memorable interviews include people who are HIV positive and lesbian lovers holding hands and telling their love stories.

After 10 years in the TV industry Chen Lu Yu says China's viewers know her well enough to realize that just because she asks the tough questions doesn't mean they have to answer them. Being Chinese and catering to a traditionally conservative audience, she also knows how people will react to certain topics and how not to offend her viewers.

"They know once they are here they are safe with me," says Lu Yu.

"I am very curious. I am going to ask all the tough questions but if they don't want to answer those questions it is fine. You know, it is fine with me.

"And also I think doing, working in this TV industry for over a decade, my viewers they have known me so well so we have already built this trust and this trust is really the foundation on which I can build my program," she adds.

Understanding the sensitivities of her guests as well as her audience is all part of being successful in China. Despite the country's tight controls on the media, Chen says she's never had a problem with regulators.

"I've never had anyone during the past 13 years come up to me and say he, Lu Yu, you are not supposed to say that, you are not supposed to do that because we are having this political pressure here," says Lu Yu.

"I've never had that kind of experience but I do have a certain amount of responsibility on my shoulder because I know whatever I say whatever I talk in front of the camera tens of millions of people are going to have a reaction to that.

"So I believe in making my viewers feeling good about themselves and about life because life is hard as it is and I just want my viewers to feel good."

CNN视频报道:
https://edition.cnn.com/video/pla<x>yer/pla<x>yer.html?url=/video/showbiz/2007/03/04/macdonald.china.talk.show.host.cnn

作者:valley海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
[转帖]麦肯锡报告:中国对互联网的痴迷 海归主坛 2010-3-16 周二, 16:03
新闻报道:回国创业成功佳话频传 美华人学者纷纷踏海归路(转帖)——我真成作家了? 海归主坛 2007-6-05 周二, 14:32
[转帖]美国电子协会报告:美国硅谷人均工资12.7万美元 海归论坛 2006-7-04 周二, 05:03
[音乐]中国新闻社华盛顿报道:中国歌唱家邱曙苇演绎艺术歌曲征服华盛顿听众 海归茶馆 2020-8-12 周三, 04:52
[转帖] 茅于轼:中国社会的深刻危机和可怕现状 海归主坛 2015-2-03 周二, 13:48
[转帖]方舟子:美国人只有28%具有科学素养 中国更低 海归主坛 2013-11-11 周一, 00:00
[转帖]崔永元:美国人吃十几年转基因食品一说纯属谣言 海归主坛 2013-11-10 周日, 23:38
[转帖]BBC 英媒:中国人看唐顿庄园崇尚等级观念 海归茶馆 2013-8-08 周四, 12:19

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 valley离线  发送站内短信
  • [转帖]CNN报道: 中国的Oprah -- 陈鲁豫 -- valley - (3531 Byte) 2007-3-05 周一, 21:35 (1662 reads)
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.