海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 中国与美国在南海遭遇
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归酒吧           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 中国与美国在南海遭遇   
所跟贴 中国与美国在南海遭遇 -- 山东斯汀 - (1568 Byte) 2009-3-16 周一, 23:41 (1178 reads)
BWolfe_2001

警告次数: 1

头衔: 海归准将

头衔: 海归准将
声望: 博导
性别: 性别:男年龄: 44
加入时间: 2009/01/15
文章: 1222
来自: 堪培拉
海归分: 101100

文章标题: 我跟美国朋友之间关于这次事件的有趣对话 (486 reads)      时间: 2009-3-17 周二, 04:12   

作者:BWolfe_2001海归酒吧 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

An American Friend sent me an email: "curious to know your view on yesterday's confrontation in the south china sea. It looks like the US boat was in International Waters. Is the US wrong to be in international waters? "

Here is my answer by replying his email with a picture attached:

To unofficially answer your question, let's examine the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea, which, of course, the United States does not sign this UN Convention, but China signed. Therefore, the US does not respect the Convention, China does. That's the real dispute comes from. According to the media report, the US ship was challenged within 120 miles from the coastline of Hainan Island of China.

I have no opinion, but just present some of the facts from the public domains, such as https://www.un.org/Depts/los/convention_agreements/texts/unclos/closindx.htm, and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exclusive_Economic_Zone
Exclusive Economic Zone

Generally a state's EEZ extends to a distance of 200 nautical miles (370 km) out from its coast. The exception to this rule occurs when EEZs would overlap; that is, state coastal ba<x>selines are less than 400 nautical miles (740 km) apart. When an overlap occurs, it is up to the states to delineate the actual boundary.[1] Generally, any point within an overlapping area defaults to the most proximate state.[2]

The Exclusive Economic Zone starts at the coastal ba<x>seline and extends 200 nautical miles (370 km) out into the sea, perpendicular to the ba<x>seline. Thus, the EEZ overlaps both the contiguous zone and territorial waters.[3] States also have rights to the seabed of the continental shelf up to 350 nautical miles (650 km) from the coast, where this extends beyond the EEZ, but this does not form part of their EEZ.

This concept of allotting nations EEZs to give better control of maritime affairs outside territorial limits gained acceptance in the late 20th century and was given binding international recognition by the Third United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea in 1982.

Part V, Article 55 of the Convention states:

Specific legal regime of the Exclusive Economic Zone

The Exclusive Economic Zone is an area beyond and adjacent to the territorial sea, subject to the specific legal regime established in this Part, under which the rights and jurisdiction of the coastal State and the rights and freedoms of other States are governed by the relevant provisions of this Convention.

My friend replied my email as follows:
Out of the 10 Chinese I asked about this you are the only one to respond. The others just say 'i don't care about politics'. I am glad the someone from China cares about this. I am upset the US does this. Why doesn't China do something about this? It's time for China to show the world it is tough. Doesn't China have the biggest standing army in the world?

Why were the sailors on those boats throwing wood at the US ship? Can't they just radio the US boat and ask them to leave Chinas EEZ? Why throw wood? Doesn't make sense. All the articles in english say the Chinese 'sailors' were throwing wood at the US boat. I am sure the Chinese news doesn't say anything about this.

I am against the US going so close to China's EEZ. I am familiar with the concept of EEZ, and many countries have not signed this. The UN has no power to enforce this. It's a toothless suggested maritime 'guideline' as far as most of the world is concerned. Us boats go within many countries EEZ all the time. Why does China allow the US to get away with this?

My replying email:
Let's look at the big picture. Every time when either country changes its top leadership, or when the geopolitics landscapes change significantly, one side will test the other side's boundary. This is atypical one! So I don't expect anything significant impacts on our business or our everyday life. "Business as usual"!

I am not excited or surprised at all, but I do care about what happen in the world, especially care about anything happens between US and China.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

作者:BWolfe_2001海归酒吧 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
zt 菲律宾出动海军拆除中国在南海岛礁上标识 海归商务 2011-7-21 周四, 15:37
美国工科教授:湖南海归运动考察报告 海归主坛 2010-1-03 周日, 08:11
美国OSU小海龟,想去南京工作,高人请指点。 海归论坛 2005-4-21 周四, 12:01
南海的不作为导致东海危机:中国不需要在一个地方跌倒两次! 海归主坛 2014-5-08 周四, 03:13
南海防空识别区就是中国的克里米亚,现在,是时候出牌了! 海归主坛 2014-4-09 周三, 10:48
[分享] 音乐无国界:海军军官学校帅哥版《江南style》 海归茶馆 2012-10-27 周六, 06:51
中国掌控南海就可以掌控全世界 海归商务 2012-7-13 周五, 13:56
刚刚参加中国青年海归网南京会回来 海归商务 2012-5-27 周日, 00:17

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 BWolfe_2001离线  发送站内短信 发送电子邮件
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归酒吧           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件可以下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.